Re: Definition of "Major Subcontractor" Mike Gilles 22 Jul 1999 09:23 EST

------------------------
 From: "Evelyn J. Ford" <xxxxxx@MAIL.MED.UPENN.EDU>
 Subject: Re: Definition of "Major Subcontractor"
 Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:40:23 -0400
 To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
> Anne --
>
> I'm curious about one thing:  Does it matter how much "effort" the
> consultant is contributing to the project?

I believe someone yesterday basically covered that point but, we look at, not
so much the quantity of the work but more specifically the TYPE of work that
the individual is contributing.  One of our parameters that we use in the
determination process is, if the person were your employee would he/she be
doing work that would classify he/she as a Co-PI.  If the answer is yes then
this should be a sub contractual relationship.  We don't feel that this level
of work is something that would or should be covered under a consulting
agreement.  The scope of work is beyond consulting and is a substantive part
of the research effort.

Mike

Mike Gilles <xxxxxx@mtu.edu>
Sponsored Programs Administrator