Re: Software for NSF FASTLANE Matthew E. Clark 21 Jul 1999 14:19 EST

Funny you should ask.... we just had this discussion at our staff
meeting.  We've determined that Faculty members should approach their
departments to obtain a copy of adobe.  Our rationale:  If we maintain a
copy (or copies) in our central administration office for use by all of
the university, there undoubtedly will be conflicts at crunch submission
times.  We will also have to police the sign-out and chase people to get
the software back.

In addition, the minimal cost of adobe is an investment that departments
can use to prove their commitment to research support for their faculty
members.

Good luck!

-Matt