Re: PHS 2590 iPDFs Rosemary Ruff 13 Jul 1999 09:21 EST

Charlie -

You didn't give me enough info to assess the problem.  If you will send me
an email directly, letting me know what fields you changed and what scripts
you entered, I can probably, note I said probably :), figure out what's
wrong.  On second thought, send me your modified file attached to an email
and I'll see if I can "fix" the problem(s).

Rosemary

At 10:07 AM 7/13/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi-
>
>Thought I would shout out before my head goes below the waterline...
>
>I downloaded the PHS 2590 iPDF forms from TRAMS.  They seem to work fine.
>However, using Acrobat Exchange, I want to change some of the fields from
>user input fields to permanently embedded read-only institutional info (and
>to add a fringe rate calculation).
>
>When I add some of this info into the default options space in Field
>Properties, I get an error that says:
>JAVASCRIPT ERROR IN FILE AFORM.JS AT LINE 539:
>cFields.charAt is not a function
>
>Curiously, the document retains my changes and works ok when using Acrobat
>Reader.  BUT...if you try to use it using Exchange, ANY entry into ANY
>field causes the console to display with the above error message.
>
>I am imagining that Java experts are laughing AND that the Java ignorant
>are also laughing at my venture without boots and poncho into this
>programming cul-de-sac.
>
>Help?
>
>Charlie
>

>**************************************
>Charles B. Hathaway, Ph.D., Director
>Office of Grant Support
>Albert Einstein College of Medicine
>1300 Morris Park Avenue
>Bronx, NY 10461
>Phone: 718 430-3642     Fax: 718 430-8822
>email: xxxxxx@aecom.yu.edu
>http://www.aecom.yu.edu/ogs

Rosemary H. Ruff                   VOICE: 334-844-4438
Assistant Director                 FAX:   334-844-5953
Contracts & Grants Administration  EMAIL: xxxxxx@mail.auburn.edu
310 Samford Hall                   Auburn, AL 36849-5131
Trains stop at train stations.  Busses stop at bus stations.  On my desk I
have a workstation...