Re: state agency F&A Greg Schmidt 11 Jun 1999 07:55 EST

"Warnock, Michael J." wrote:

> Colleagues,
>
> I am interested in learning how public universities handle F&A rates on
> projects funded by state agencies.  My questions are these:
> 1.  What rate do you charge on projects supported by state funds (not
> federal flow through), and sponsored by an agency of your own state?

Florida statutes restrict university F&A to 5% of Total Direct Costs (F.S.
216.346).  The statute states that "In any contract between state agencies,
including any contract involving the State University System or the State
Community College System, the agency receiving the contract or grant moneys
shall charge no more than 5 percent of the total cost of the contract or grant
for overhead or indirect costs or any other costs not required for the payment
of direct costs."

> 2.  What rate do you charge on projects supported by state funds (not
> federal flow through), and sponsored by an agency of another state?

Even on Federal flow-through.

> 3.  What rate do you charge on projects supported by federal flow through
> and sponsored by an agency of your own state?

Here, too.

> 4. How do you determine the rates charged for each category above?

See the citation.

--
Greg Schmidt
Manager, Contract & Grant Accounting