Re: Accounting Systems For Sponsored Programs Lisa Thompson 02 Jun 1999 12:12 EST

You may have already received some responses since I'm late on addressing
my e-mail.  But - FYI, MIT has marketed one I believe and Datatel is
working on one they hope will be ready this fall.

Lisa Thompson

*********

At 10:57 AM 5/26/99 -0400, you wrote:
>We are interested in hearing from any institutions who have recently
>implemented an accounting system specifically for sponsored programs. We are
>especially interested in any commercial accounting software applications
>which have been implemented by a research institute or organization to
>handle the requirements of administering federally sponsored research grants
>and contracts.
>
>Stories regarding successful adaptions, or any pitfalls encountered, of
>commercial accounting software to the accounting needs of sponsored research
>agreements would be especially useful.
>
>Please e-mail me directly at the address below. I will be glad to share
>
>James F. Ball, Assistant Director
>Office of Grants & Contracts
>The Ohio State University Research Foundation
>1960 Kenny Road
>Columbus, Ohio 43210
>
>E-mail address: xxxxxx@osu.edu

HAPPY TRAILS!!!

Lisa L. Thompson
Assistant Director of Research
Office of Research
The University of Tulsa
Tulsa, OK  74104-3189

None of us can do great things without help, but we can all  do a small
thing with great love.          "Mother Teresa"