Re: Motivating Faculty Herbert B. Chermside 27 May 1999 17:04 EST

It's my view that motivating them is the responsibility of academic
management, whereas our (research administrators') duty is to make it as
easy for them as possible, by providing a "can-do" service approach and
lots of tools to minimize their administrativew work.  Often we can even be
the conduit for some motivators, but that usually comes about when our
highest research executive is doing the motivating and trying to get "spill
over" of pleasant thoughts towards us RA's who are often seen as nitpickers
and roadblocks.

Chuck

At 04:07 PM 5/27/99 -0400, Helen G. Kiss wrote:
>I recently attended a conference on contracts and grants, and one of the
topics discussed was how sponsored research offices motivate faculty to
submit proposals.  What do your offices do to tackle this tricky area?