Re: Taxes for stipends Robert Kazalski 27 May 1999 09:28 EST

Please check out the IRS web site:

Publication 520, Scholarships and Fellowships

The web site address is:  www.irs.ustreas.gov/prod/forms_pubs/p52001.htm
This address worked as of 3/3/99.

Good luck,

Robert

At 09:05 AM 5/27/99 -0500, you wrote:
>We have a number of students who have individual PREdoctoral fellowships
>from NIH and who receive that support in the form of stipends.  Where
>can I find info on whether they must report stipends to the IRS and the
>extent to which these are taxed?
>
>Attachment Converted: "c:\apps\eudora\attach\dolcep191.vcf"

Robert J. Kazalski                e-mail:  xxxxxx@admin.umass.edu
Accountant
Controllers Office
University of Massachusetts