Re: Taxes for stipends Audrey Buck 27 May 1999 09:14 EST

I am not sure where to go to find this out, but, here at Penn we have been
taking out a small percentage for FICA.  Up til a year or so ago, we never
took out monies for the Feds.  It is now manditory.  I believe that we use
7.25% on stippends.  You should go to your tax office for the information.
Our tax office is with our Comptroller.

Good luck.

Audrey

At 09:05 AM 5/27/99 -0500, you wrote:
>We have a number of students who have individual PREdoctoral fellowships
>from NIH and who receive that support in the form of stipends.  Where
>can I find info on whether they must report stipends to the IRS and the
>extent to which these are taxed?
>
>Attachment Converted: c:\eudora\attach\dolcep191.vcf

Audrey C. Buck
Senior Contract Administrator
Research Services
Phone:  (215) 573 6709