Re: Accounting Systems For Sponsored Programs Mike Jacobsen 27 May 1999 08:09 EST

Pam, wrong Mike Jacobsen I think.  Never have lived in Cape Girardeau and can't
remember a couple named Daniel and Eileen.  I wish you well in finding the
"real" Mike Jacobsen.

Oh, and for those who just read this message and wish they hadn't.  I tried
sending it back only to the sender and apparently that did not work.  I selected
reply to sender only.   Sorry.

>>> Pam Fillmore <xxxxxx@ESUMAIL.EMPORIA.EDU> 05/26 11:49 AM >>>
Hi Mike - you may not remember me but you used to live next door to Daniel Scott
- my uncle.  I knew you moved from Cape Girardeau but I lost track of where you
went.  Do you keep in touch with Daniel and Eileen?  I hear they are building a
new house in North Carolina and its about to kill him.  I just wondered.  Take
care.

Pam Fillmore
Research and Grants Center
Emporia State University
phone 316-341-5351
fax 316-341-5909

>>> Mike McCallister <xxxxxx@ATHENA.UALR.EDU> 05/26/99 10:36AM >>>
UALR asi inteh throes of implementing BANNER for the whole campus.  I'm no
accountant, for sure, and although it seems to do some pretty sophisticated
stuff, for grants management it's a pretty awykward and unfriendly beast.
I've also used the grants component of FAMIS and it's a real turkey.

Spanky

>We are interested in hearing from any institutions who have recently
>implemented an accounting system specifically for sponsored programs. We are
>especially interested in any commercial accounting software applications
>which have been implemented by a research institute or organization to
>handle the requirements of administering federally sponsored research grants
>and contracts.
>
>Stories regarding successful adaptions, or any pitfalls encountered, of
>commercial accounting software to the accounting needs of sponsored research
>agreements would be especially useful.
>
>Please e-mail me directly at the address below. I will be glad to share
>
>James F. Ball, Assistant Director
>Office of Grants & Contracts
>The Ohio State University Research Foundation
>1960 Kenny Road
>Columbus, Ohio 43210
>
>E-mail address: xxxxxx@osu.edu

Mike (Spanky) McCallister, Ph.D.,
Director, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
2801 South University
Little Rock, AR  72204
(v)501-569-8474