Re: Type Size for an NIH application Liane Reif-Lehrer 25 May 1999 09:38 EST

 The type size to be used for an NIH application is spelled out in the PHS
instruction booklet (Rev 4/98) in the top half of the right hand column of
page 6.

LRL

>The instructions in the 398 book state "the height of the letters must not
>be small than 10 point; 2) type density must be no more than 15 cpi.  Have
>you tried the 12 point?  With that you should get less than the 15 cpi.
>Remember, also, that "no more than 6 lines of type must be within a vertical
>inch."
>
>At 03:47 PM 5/24/99 -0400, you wrote:
>>This has been discussed, but I lost my copies!
>>
>>What typeface and size has been discovered which meets NIH requirements on
>>the 398?  We have been using Times New Roman 10, but, based on a rejection
>>from AHCPR, it has more than 15 Characters per inch.
>>
>>This is a critical question, as we have been providing "fill in the blanks"
>>398 forms for the June/July deadline with this typaface/size.
>>
>>Chuck
>>
>>Herbert B. Chermside, CRA
>>Director, Sponsored Programs Administration
>>Virginia Commonwealth University
>>PO BOX 980568
>>Richmond, VA  23298-0568
>>Express Delivery Only:
>>        Sanger Hall, Rm. 1-073
>>        11th & Marshall Streets
>>        Richmond, VA  23219
>>Voice:  804-828-6772
>>Fax     804-828-2521
>>OFFICE e-mail   xxxxxx@VCU.EDU
>>Personal e-mail xxxxxx@vcu.edu
>>http://views.vcu.edu/views/ospa/

>Audrey C. Buck
>Senior Contract Administrator
>Research Services
>Phone:  (215) 573 6709
>Fax:    (215) 898 9708
>email:  xxxxxx@pobox.upenn.edu

Liane Reif-Lehrer, PhD
PO Box 645
Belmont, MA  02478
Tel: 781-863-1117
Fax:  781-674-0436 (To get the fax tone, press the * key AFTER the message
starts;  For                                       autofax: program