Re: Type Size Audrey Buck 24 May 1999 15:08 EST

The instructions in the 398 book state "the height of the letters must not
be small than 10 point; 2) type density must be no more than 15 cpi.  Have
you tried the 12 point?  With that you should get less than the 15 cpi.
Remember, also, that "no more than 6 lines of type must be within a vertical
inch."

At 03:47 PM 5/24/99 -0400, you wrote:
>This has been discussed, but I lost my copies!
>
>What typeface and size has been discovered which meets NIH requirements on
>the 398?  We have been using Times New Roman 10, but, based on a rejection
>from AHCPR, it has more than 15 Characters per inch.
>
>This is a critical question, as we have been providing "fill in the blanks"
>398 forms for the June/July deadline with this typaface/size.
>
>Chuck
>
>Herbert B. Chermside, CRA
>Director, Sponsored Programs Administration
>Virginia Commonwealth University
>PO BOX 980568
>Richmond, VA  23298-0568
>Express Delivery Only: