Re: Is This A Respectable "Reply" BOB 11 May 1999 09:40 EST

Since you do not indicate what role you or your organization played in the
Grapes of Wrath offensive in Lebanon it is difficult to judge Mr.
Reeves' reaction.  I suspect it would be difficult for many
people at the present time to offer classes to a university
in Belgrade (bombing notwithstanding).  Political beliefs seem
reasonable motivatiors for behavior.

 Did Mr. Reeves post his comments to the world via the web
or were they directed to you personally?  If the latter then
they seem respectable and your response not so.

Bob
xxxxxx@umich.edu

--On Tue, May 11, 1999 5:05 PM +0300 Eric Zimmerman <xxxxxx@MAIL.BIU.AC.IL>
wrote:

> Dear fellow R&D colleagues,
>
> I approached the R&D Management Centre of Cranfield University (Bedford,
> UK) with the intent of organizing a one-day training workshop on running
> an effective Information Department within an R&D office environment.
> What follows is the response I received from Dr. Richard Reeves
> (http://www.cranfield.ac.uk/sme/people/staff/reeves_r.html), the
> physicist who runs the centre.
>
> "Subject:           Re: University-based research offices
>      Date:           Tue, 4 May 1999 14:02:32 +0100 (British Summer
> Time)
>     From:           Richard Reeves <xxxxxx@cranfield.ac.uk>
>       To:             Eric Zimmerman <xxxxxx@mail.biu.ac.il>
>
> Thank you for your information about the work of your
> university research offices and I now understand your
> enquiry.
>
> Having been in Lebanon during the Grapes of Wrath
> offensive, I am not much inclined to do business with you.
> If you want lessons on how to join the good part of the
> human race, I could teach you free.
>
> ----------------------
> Richard Reeves
> R&D Management Centre
> Cranfield University, Bedford MK43 0AL, UK
> xxxxxx@Cranfield.ac.uk
> Tel 44 (0)1234 754773  Fax 44 (0)1234 754770"
>
> I think this speaks for itself. And I thought you should just know who
> runs this centre, and perhaps is even your colleague. Act accordingly,
> as your conscience dictates.
>
> With my best wishes for a better understanding and tolerance between
> peoples, and for the ability to be able to conduct business together,
> putting aside political, national, religious and ones other personal
> beliefs,
>
> I remain sincerely yours,
>
> --
> Eric Zimmerman, Research Grants Coordinator
> Research Authority of Bar-Ilan University
>         Ramat Gan 52900 ISRAEL
> (T) +972-3-5318097; (F) +972-3-6353277
>         http://www.biu.ac.il/RA

Bob