Re: NIH Modular budgets Herbert B. Chermside 06 May 1999 14:23 EST

I'm going to push the PI's to CLOSELY approach the target module goal, and
assume any loss of potential F&A is not material.

Definition:  "Not material" -- it ain't worth the trouble and worry.

The faculty member is going to spend it differently, anyway.

Check out my worksheet and see how easy it is to budget VERY closely to the
modules.  Look at
http://views.vcu.edu/views/ospa/budgetsheet.html

If it will work for you, I'll give you the key to change the
institution-specific rates so you can put in your own and use the spreadsheet.

Chuck

At 11:43 AM 5/6/99 -0500, xxxxxx@lsu.edu wrote:
>Mr. Chermside,
>I have been working to develop a Modular budget worksheet for Louisiana State
>University.  I have collected information from the RESADMIN list, and
downloaded
>your VCU modular budget worksheet (thanks!).  I was wondering how you were
going
>to come up with the F&A amounts required on the Face Page and Checklist
for the
>initial, and entire proposed project period.  If the Average Annual direct
cost
>from the worksheet approaches a 25,000 multiple, and the rounded (up) module
>amount is included in the budget request, wouldn't the F&A amounts from the
>worksheet fall short of what is needed for the project?  Any thoughts
would be
>greatly appreciated!
>Winona Landry

>Winona M. Landry
>
>Contract Analyst
>Office of Finance and Administrative Services
>330 Thomas Boyd Hall
>Louisiana State University
>Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70803
>Phone: (225)388-3386