Re: Use of Recovered Indirect Cost Bradley, Jenny 04 May 1999 08:04 EST

Thanks for the information.  It is really helpful.  Yes, I think it is a
ploy here and I am trying to do something about it.  You've given me
backing that I need.

Jenny

James Matta wrote:

> We roll the funds over (sometimes for a couple of years).  To do
> otherwise would be unnecessarily restrictive since many indirect
> cost funds are not "earned" until close to the end of the fiscal
> year.
>
> This sounds like a ploy by the business office to have the funds
> drop into the general fund and become available for their use.
>
> Dr. James F. Matta, Director
> Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
> Bloomsburg University
> 570 389 4129
> xxxxxx@husky.bloomu.edu

Jenny H. Bradley
Director of Academic Grants and Foundation Relations
Roanoke College
221 College Lane
Salem, VA  24153

Phone: (540) 375-2409