Re: RESADM-L Digest - 1 May 1999 to 2 May 1999 David R. Fielder 03 May 1999 11:47 EST

I'm always amazed.  What happened to the concept of applying the recovered
indirect costs to the audited expenses that justified their recovery in the
first place?  A rhetorical question, of course....

 David

At 9:00 PM -0700 5/2/99, Automatic digest processor wrote:
> There is one message totalling 49 lines in this issue.
>
> Topics of the day:
>
>   1. Use of Recovered Indirect Cost

> Date:    Sun, 2 May 1999 17:45:57 -0400
> From:    bradley <xxxxxx@ROANOKE.EDU>
> Subject: Use of Recovered Indirect Cost
>
> I am having a debate with our Business Office on the use of recovered
>indirect
> cost.  We give percentages to the PI, his or her department and also use a
> percentage for matching funds for other grants.  Our Business Office insists
> that we must spend this money on a fiscal year basis.  They are saying
>that it
> comes in as unrestricted money and therefore cannot be rolled over.  I do
>not
> agree with this opinion but, since I am not an accountant, I would like to
> hear from some others about this matter.  I would appreciate knowing the
> policy at your institution.  I'll post a summary to the list if you want to
> reply directly to me.
>
> Thank you so much!!
>

> Jenny H. Bradley
> Director of Academic Grants and Foundation Relations
> Roanoke College
> 221 College Lane
> Salem, VA   24153
>
> (540)375-2409
> (540)375-2026 (fax)
>
> xxxxxx@roanoke.edu
>
> Jenny H. Bradley
> Director of Academic Grants & Foundation Relations
> Roanoke College
> 221 College Lane
> Salem, VA  24153
> (540) 375-2409
> (540) 375-2026 (fax)
> xxxxxx@roanoke.edu

> End of RESADM-L Digest - 1 May 1999 to 2 May 1999

Mr. David R. Fielder                    tel: 415.561.1600
Vice President, Research                fax: 415.561.1753
California Pacific Medical Center   email: xxxxxx@cooper.cpmc.org
Research Institute                 website: http://www.cpmc.org
2340 Clay Street,  5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94115