Re: Comments on "electronic" notification methods Gardner Congdon 30 Apr 1999 11:34 EST

Jane,
you have raised a couple of interesting points, the first being the
amount of duplication one should be prepared to receive if they were to
subscribe to every free service in addition to a fee-based service. A
good point to consider for those evaluating what services they might use.
The other point is faculty perception of funding availability. I'll bet
we've all seen attitudes ranging from "You mean somebody would give me
money to do this?" to the "funding trough" you referenced to "I'm really
not interested in research, please remove me from your mailing list."
With a diverse level of faculty interest, providing a service that
everyone is happy with can be a challenge!
--
Gardner Congdon
Assistant Director, Program Development