Re: Dream Version of the PHS 398 Application Packet Marianne G. Kaplan 27 Apr 1999 09:18 EST

I concur with these remarks - it's cumbersome trying to sift through the
guidelines/instructions in terms of what/how to complete the forms.

> Working at a predominantly undergraduate institution where no particular
>type of application is the routine, I would find changes in the PHS 398
>packet particularly helpful in two areas:
> *  Clear delineation of the information required under the JIT process -
>either separate forms or some kind of coding or notation on multi-use
>forms would be very helpful.* *  Separate budget forms for the modular
>grants.*
> I find myself spending way too much time flipping back and forth between
>the instructions and the forms, hand-marking what needs to be completed
>(e.g.,we require full budget completion for internal purposes) vs. what
>needs to be submitted.
>Thanks for the opportunity for some input!
>Eileen Callahan Director of Research Services University of Scranton
>Scranton, PA  18510-4630 Tel:
>570-941-6180       Fax:  570-941-5995

Marianne G. Kaplan
Administrative Supervisor
Department of Research
Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago/
Administrator, Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Northwestern University Medical School/
Executive Secretary,
American Spinal Injury Association
345 E. Superior Street, Rm. 1436