Re: Exempt Employees Sue Unruhe 22 Apr 1999 13:32 EST

>This is not really a "research" question but rather a question about
>university policy on exempt employees.  I would appreciate any
>information you have on how your university handles exempt staff in
>terms of "additional compensation" (if allowed at all).

At Duke, we can pay exempt employees for additional work performed by
issuing a "personal services requisition" which specifies the additional
work performed, rate of pay and pay code.  The key is that the pay code has
to be different from the normal one in order to qualify for the additional
payment.
Sue