Statistics--number of research grants? Michael Odza 22 Apr 1999 11:36 EST

Dear Friends,

Is there an easy-to-use single source that reports the number of individual
grants received by institution? U.S. News & World Report includes such a
number for medical schools, and also includes the number of P.I.s associated
with those grants. (You have to go to the Academics page for each school's
listing. Start at http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/beyond/bchome.htm and
look up schools by name.) But for engineering schools, for instance, it
mentions the number of faculty involved in sponsored research but not the
number of individual grants. And in any case, there's no way to scan (or
import to a spreadsheet or database) a list, whether by discipline or by
institution.

There's a lot of great data in the National Science Foundation collection,
but I haven't found this particular piece there.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Michael Odza
Publisher, Technology Access Report (for tech transfer professionals), and
Intellectual Property Advice (for researchers) and
Principal, Technology Access Consulting Services

8 Digital Dr., Suite 250, Novato, CA 94949-5759
800/733-1516 (415/883-7600)
Fax: 415/883-6421

"Concern for man himself and his fate must always form the chief interest of
all technical endeavors, concern for the great unsolved problems of the
organization of labor and the distribution of goods--in order that the
creations of our mind shall be a blessing and not a curse to Mankind. Never
forget this in the midst of your diagrams and equations."
--Albert Einstein, 1931 address to Caltech.