Re: Job of a research administrator Paplauskas,Leonard 15 Apr 1999 13:34 EST

As to the message below.  The recent federal court case involving a Big 10
university, where a PI exaggerated the level of involvement of industrial
collaborators in a proposal to NSF, should be enough to deter any
investigator from making similar mistakes; AND, is a very good case in point
about the responsibilities of a university in making good faith efforts to
ensure that such claims have a basis in fact.  If I have my facts straight,
the university was fined and the PI was fined and sentenced to jail time.

 [snip]