Re: Job of a research administrator Mary Beth Ayers 15 Apr 1999 11:13 EST

At 11:44 AM 4/15/99 EDT, you wrote:
>RE: Sally Eckert-Tilotta, Responsibilities of a research administrator-
>
>I believe it is extremely important to obtain signatures of all internal
collaborators named in a proposal.

I agree.

>The ultimate responsibility for obtaining these written commitments lies
with the research
>administration office.

I strenuously disagree.  The ultimate responsibility rests with the PI.  If
the PI submits the proposal to the research office without all the written
commitments, then the proposal sits until the PI produces them.  I've
worked in three research offices, and not one of them could have managed
the extra time and stress this kind of responsibility would entail.

Put it on the PI....it'll help keep them honest.

Mary Beth Ayers