Re: Job of a research administrator Rusty Okoniewski 15 Apr 1999 11:16 EST

 We at the University of Florida-IFAS would very much want to check out all
of the collaborations to see that they were vaild and appropriate.  It is
always easier to get people to come to agreement before money is actually on
the table.  The time of submission is the best time to negotiate
relationships between institutions and/or obligate faculty and staff time to
potential projects.
 Moreover, many federal agencies require evidence of collaboration.
Pre-Award is the only time you can do this and document it to the potential
funding agency.  If we are doing this for federal proposals, we think it
only makes sense to do it in a like manner for all proposals.
Sincerely,
Rusty Okoniewski, Interim Director
IFAS Sponsored Programs
University of Florida