Re: FIPSE Mary Watson 06 Apr 1999 01:16 EST

I have just been having a long talk with a dedicated faculty/researcher who
has a wonderful idea for a FIPSE proposal - and it is really difficult to
make the call.  I guess it boils down to this - if it is a really good idea
and the individual is willing to put together the proposal they should do
it.  No proposal - definitely no money and the idea does not get up and
running.  But, if you write the proposal there is a small, should we say
'teeny', chance of funding, but at least there's a chance.

You don't write - you have a 'no money' guarantee!

At 02:36 PM 4/5/99 -0400, Bradley, Jenny sent a message saying:
*I echo Franci's question.  Is FIPSE worth the bother under the circumstances?
*
*Farnsworth, Franci wrote:
*
*> I'm more concerned with whether it's worth the effort to apply, given the
*> previous discussion of "pork" and the fact that some of these
"Congressional
*> priorities" look like one sentence project descriptions.    What's the
sense
*> -- is it worth it, if you don't have an inside track?
*>
*> Frances Vinal Farnsworth
*> Coordinator of Sponsored Research
*> Munford House