Re: FIPSE Mike Ludwick 02 Apr 1999 10:30 EST

I was thinking that this ability to use unrecovered indirect as cost
share was a departure from ED's standard procedure of NOT
allowing it. But then I looked back to the regs and it appears that it
is only in the cases of training grants or grants with restricted
indirect cost rates that costsharing unrecovered indirect is not
allowed.  FIPSE recommends reduced rates but does not require
them, therefore I suppose that is why costsharing the uncovered
indirect is allowed for FIPSE proposals.

Mike Ludwick
College of William & Mary