Re: Dept of Ed Title VI Hawk, Pat 25 Mar 1999 16:35 EST

Not all Dept. of Ed. programs have that 8% cap on indirect costs (I always
thought that 8% rate was supposed to be used for training programs at ED).
Since the program announcement was silent on the indirect cost rate issue (I
was looking the Title VI International Research and Studies Program that has
the 3/31 deadline--CFDA 84.017), I sent an e-mail to the program officer,
Jose Martinez.  I received a voicemail message from him yesterday (or the
day before) saying that there were no "caps" on indirect costs for this
program, and that we should use our federally negotiated rate.  Hope this
helps.

Pat Hawk
Sponsored Projects Administrator
Research Services and Administration
University of Oregon
Eugene, OR  97403-5219
tel:  541-346-2504
fax:  541-346-5138
NOTE new e-mail address:  xxxxxx@orsa.uoregon.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Farnsworth, Franci [mailto:xxxxxx@JAGUAR.MIDDLEBURY.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 1999 12:51 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Dept of Ed Title VI

I need to know the IDC rate for the Dept of Ed Title VI International
Research and Studies Program (3/19 deadline).   I thought all DoEd programs
had an 8% 8% rate, but I can't find any reference to IDC rates in the
program guidelines and the program officer is not available.

Thanks!

Franci Farnsworth

Frances Vinal Farnsworth
Coordinator of Sponsored Research