Re: taxes Herbert B. Chermside 05 Mar 1999 13:30 EST

At 07:49 AM 3/5/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Chuck, If you are still on for being the Taxman, we'll ship stuff off to
>you either Saturday or Monday.

Of course!!

>Life is quite busy here.  President has decided to push for grant
>increase.  He also gave the methodology: Proposal Writers.  So I am
>hiring 2 part-time "grant writers."  Actually, they will become a
>pre-award component to the office, with the understanding that their
>continued employment is at will.

In my experience, a grant writer is not much use for "science" or other
disciplinary-specialized research proposal (90% of what VCU does), but can
be quite good at putting together proposals for institutionsl projects.
Only the researcher can communicate both the technical detail and the
enthusiasm needed to sell a research proposal -- though a review/edit for
communication can sometimes help.

Other Chuck

http://www.runet.edu/~sponsrpr/