Re: Modular Grants and Subcontracts Charlie Hathaway 04 Mar 1999 14:20 EST

Components (aka budget categories) are not modularized.

I believe the sub-contract is incorporated as shown in the sample at:
http://www.nih.gov/grants/funding/modular/modular_budjust_same.htm
You will sum the total costs fof the consortium and give "approximate costs
for all years = $XXX"
It need not be a multiple of $25,000 BUT it is then incorporated into your
total which MUST BE a multiple of $25,000.

C. Hathaway

At 01:56 PM 3/4/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hopefully this is not an incredibly dumb question or one that has been
answered already and I missed it:

>In a modular application with a subcontract:  Does the subcontract have to
be submitted as a modular component or can it be submitted (to us, as the
prime) by exact costs, which we then incorporate into our modular request?