Re: RESADM-L Digest - 25 Feb 1999 to 26 Feb 1999 McKinley, Barbara 27 Feb 1999 09:05 EST

Early Saturday here.  I would like to dissent about taking the responses
off-line.   General nature discussions, questions, polls, etc., are the
primary ways I get a feel for the diversity out there.     Since I get the
daily mail in digest form, I simply scan through the list of articles and
pick out the responses I'm interested in.   In most instances, I'd rather
have the choice of seeing the responses daily than waiting for a
recapitulation by the originator.

If the poll becomes formal - format driven and results to be presented to
the list at a later date -  then off-line is fine. But for 'testing the
waters' type informal polls, I'd rather they stay on-line.

Barbara W. McKinley, M.P.H., C.R.A.
Administrator, Division of Molecular Virology
Baylor College of Medicine
One Baylor Plaza
Houston, Texas 77030

Voice:  713-798-3154