y2k compliance and LAB EQUIPMENT Anthony D. Perry 26 Feb 1999 10:36 EST

REGARDING Y2k COMPLIANCE AND LAB EQUIPMENT In Response to Garrett R.Sanders
queries:

We have developed a procedure to address research with our Y2K efforts.
Please note: our Y2k activities have been developed by a committee whose
membership ranges from many areas across campus. As a member of University
wide Y2k implemmentation committee I have a unique research perspective. We
began working on Y2k activities in February 1998. Our first phase of
inventory, last summer, brought us very little regarding lab equipment and
developed applications. Therefore, we have decided to attack these unique
areas through a number of mechanisms. Please check our web-site at
http://y2k.wayne.edu (see sections on end-user applications and lab
equipment). If you are interested in the logic behind our strategy please
feel free to contact me.

Tony

At 04:46 PM 2/25/99 -500, you wrote:
>I have three questions regarding y2k compliance in research programs.
> First, what plans have institutions made regarding y2k
>compliance of scientific equipment--not business systems?  Second,
>which office or unit is generally responsible on campus for ensuring
>y2k compliance of scientific equipment--or, is this made the
>responsibility of the researcher on a lab by lab basis?  Third, has
>anyone instituted a "y2k plan for research equipment" and would they
>be willing to share any of it?
>
>Garrett R. Sanders
>Assistant Vice President for Research
>University at Albany, SUNY
>Phone:  (518)442-4912
>Fax:  (518) 442-3560
>xxxxxx@poppa.fab.albany.edu

Anthony D. Perry, Ph.D.
Office of the Vice President for Research
Wayne State University
4031 F/AB
Detroit, Michigan 48202

Tel: 313-577-1121