Rent and Indirect Cost Recovery Way, Laura 16 Feb 1999 09:20 EST

Good Morning Everyone:

I am looking for a little assistance in calculating a rent charge to federal
grants.  We are a small research organization which has a salary and wage
based indirect rate.  We are currently in the process of affiliating with a
University, whereby all of our PIs will be faculty of the University but
will conduct their research at our site.  All federal grants will be
submitted through the university, but we will continue to provide all
scientific and administrative resouces for these grants.  I could use some
advice on how exactly to structure the agreement (and subsequent grant
submissions) so that my organization recovers the full cost (direct and
indirect) associated with the research.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

Laura Way
Director of Finance
Lankenau Medical Research Center
100 Lancaster Avenue, Room G056