Re: CRA and Distance Learning John Czaja 15 Feb 1999 15:14 EST

ALERT from a Mac user to intel PC users:

I just received the following from one of our computer support staff:
------------------------
I have confirmed the arrival of the HAPPY99 virus on campus.  This worm
virus modifies the windows registry and then attaches itself to ALL
outgoing email.  Details can be found at the following web address.

http://beta.nai.com/public/datafiles/valerts/vinfo/w32ska.htm

Deleting the attachment before running it stops the virus from spreading.
If you have launched the EXE then do NOT restart the system without looking
at the instructions at the above web address.
-------------------

A couple of minutes later I received two copies of the following note from
Eleanor Cicinsky.  To the second was attached a HAPPY99.exe file.

-----------
>Has there been any talk about the possibility of obtaining continuing
>education credits, certification for research administration via
>Distance Learning Courses via the internet or through print based
>self-study courses, videotapes, computer based training programs etc.?
>
>Eleanor Cicinsky
>Temple University

 John A. Czaja, Ph.D.
 Associate Director, Office for the Advancement of Scholarship
 and Teaching

 Miami University               E-mail: xxxxxx@muohio.edu
 107 Roudebush Hall- OAST       Voice:  (513)529-3734
 Oxford, OH  45056              FAX>    (513)529-3762