Re: Grant v. Contract -- definitions Mary Beth Ayers 10 Feb 1999 15:19 EST

Rochelle:

The University of Chicago's Research Administration web site has a glossary
that defines contract and grant.  The major difference appears to be that a
contract is established when the funding agency expects a tangible product
in return for funding the project (e.g., software that's developed).

The web address is:www2.uchicago.edu/adm-ura/guidelines/GB/B.1html

Hope it helps.

Mary Beth Ayers