Re: "Collaborative" Facility Models Peter J. Dolce 09 Feb 1999 15:33 EST

Oak Ridge National Laboratory.  The facility is owned by the federal
government (Department of Energy?), and managed by Martin Marietta.  Some of
the scientists there are part of the UT Knoxville graduate program in
biomedical sciences--I belive they are state employees, but physically
housed in government facilities.  I don't have names, addersses or URLs, but
they shouldn't be to hard to find on the Web.

Barbara Gray wrote:

> Dear RESADMers,
>
> NOAA is building a new research facility in Charleston, SC.  It is
> located at Ft. Johnson, a coastal area which currently houses research
> facilities for NOAA, NIST, the State Department of Natural
> Resources/Marine Resources Division, the Medical University of South
> Carolina, and the College of Charleston (both public IHEs.)  NOAA plans
> to make this building a shared research facility for all the above
> participants plus the South Carolina Sea Grant Consortium (which is
> legislatively created to administer the NOAA Sea Grant and other federal
> agency research funds and to which the Medical University and the
> College belong).
>
> We are looking for similar models of shared facilities, particularly
> those that are owned by the Federal government and used also by state
> agencies and public higher ed institutions.  My task now is just to
> identify similar facilities/programs, but I'm sure many questions will
> come later as our discussions about facility and program operations, and
> fiscal management, progress.  If you are know of any similar set-up,
> please identify it for me.
>
> Thanks.
> Barbara
> --