Re: Use of off campus rate for VAMC proposals Herbert B. Chermside 09 Feb 1999 14:49 EST

VCU uses the off-campus rate for its associated VA hospital.  At the time
that decision was made, our off campus rate applied when using facilities
not owned by the University.  Since then our rate has been redefined a "not
owned AND (emphasis added) rent is a direct cost to the project,"  but
there's no way our faculty would accept increasing the rate to our on
campus rate merely because the VA charges us nothing for the space.

Chuck

At 02:13 PM 2/9/99 -0500, you wrote:
>What F&A rate do other Medical Schools use for VA faculty who submit
>research grants through Medical schools?   If the research activity is
>performed at the VA should the off-campus rate be used?   Thanks in advance
>for your responses.
>

>Mary Norton, Director
>Bio Med Research Administration
>Brown University