Re[2]: Award Notices/Human Subject Restrictions MDaniel@xxxxxx 08 Feb 1999 16:22 EST

One other note -- in our case, once the agency made the request to OPRR to
initiate the negotiation of an assurance, we had 30 days from the time we
received instructions from OPRR to the deadline for submission of the
completed
assurance paperwork. Your review board may want some advance notice of the
need
to meet and review in this short timeframe.

Molly Daniel
Sarah Bush Lincoln Health System
Mattoon, IL
Subject:    Re: Award Notices/Human Subject Restrictions
Author: "Sally Eckert-Tilotta (Sally Eckert-Tilotta)"
<xxxxxx@MAIL.UND.NODAK.EDU>
Date:       02/08/99 8:38 PM

Ditto at our institution.   Communication would be in writing, rather than
telephone.
Sally
Sally Eckert-Tilotta, PhD, Assistant to the Director
Office of Research and Program Development
University of North Dakota
Grand Forks, ND  58202
email:  xxxxxx@mail.und.nodak.edu
tel:  701-777-2049
fax: 701-777-2504
>>> Sharon Cole <xxxxxx@UH.EDU> 02/08 2:05 PM >>>
Tim,

Both 1 and 2
Call the agency.  Writing might be preferrable.  Hold the award until the
IRB has approved.
Sharon

At 01:58 PM 2/8/99 -0600, you wrote:
>What do you do if an NIH agency fails to address human subject issues,
>proceeds to send you an official award notice with no restrictions at all,
>then you discover the project needs IRB approval only after the award
comes
>in?
>
>Do you:
>
>1) Call the agency and tell them what you discovered
>2) Make your own restrictions
>3) 1 Only
>4) 2 Only
>5) Both 1 and 2
>6) None of the above. Our institution ________________(fill in blank).
>
>(This is not a quiz. We just want to know what you do at your
institution.)

>Thanks,
>Tim
>
>_______________________________________
>Tim Atkinson
>Director, Research Support Services
>Arkansas Children's Hospital Research Institute
>1120 Marshall Street
>Little Rock, Arkansas 72202-3591
>Phone: 501-320-3581
>Fax: 501-320-3547
>E-mail: xxxxxx@exchange.uams.edu
>http://achri.ach.uams.edu/

-
-------
Sharon A. Cole
Grant and Contract Administrator
Division of Research
Office of Grants and Contracts
University of Houston
4800 Calhoun Blvd, E. Cullen Bldg, Rm 326
Houston, TX  77204-2163
E-Mail:  xxxxxx@UH.edu
Tele:    (713) 743-9238
Fax:     (713) 743-9227