Re: Award Notices/Human Subject Restrictions Sally Eckert-Tilotta (Sally Eckert-Tilotta) 08 Feb 1999 15:38 EST

Ditto at our institution.   Communication would be in writing, rather than
telephone.

Sally

Sally Eckert-Tilotta, PhD, Assistant to the Director
Office of Research and Program Development
University of North Dakota
Grand Forks, ND  58202
email:  xxxxxx@mail.und.nodak.edu
tel:  701-777-2049
fax: 701-777-2504

>>> Sharon Cole <xxxxxx@UH.EDU> 02/08 2:05 PM >>>
Tim,

Both 1 and 2

Call the agency.  Writing might be preferrable.  Hold the award until the
IRB has approved.

Sharon

At 01:58 PM 2/8/99 -0600, you wrote:
>What do you do if an NIH agency fails to address human subject issues,
>proceeds to send you an official award notice with no restrictions at all,
>then you discover the project needs IRB approval only after the award comes
>in?
>
>Do you:
>
>1) Call the agency and tell them what you discovered
>2) Make your own restrictions
>3) 1 Only
>4) 2 Only
>5) Both 1 and 2
>6) None of the above. Our institution ________________(fill in blank).
>
>(This is not a quiz. We just want to know what you do at your institution.)
>
>Thanks,
>Tim
>
>_______________________________________
>Tim Atkinson
>Director, Research Support Services
>Arkansas Children's Hospital Research Institute
>1120 Marshall Street
>Little Rock, Arkansas 72202-3591
>Phone: 501-320-3581
>Fax: 501-320-3547
>E-mail: xxxxxx@exchange.uams.edu
>http://achri.ach.uams.edu/

-------
Sharon A. Cole
Grant and Contract Administrator
Division of Research
Office of Grants and Contracts
University of Houston
4800 Calhoun Blvd, E. Cullen Bldg, Rm 326
Houston, TX  77204-2163
E-Mail:  xxxxxx@UH.edu
Tele:    (713) 743-9238
Fax:     (713) 743-9227