Re: Three strikes and your out? Thomas E. Wilson 28 Jan 1999 17:09 EST

The policy that you reference is an NIH policy.  Maternal and Child Health
Bureau is a PHS part of HRSA not NIH.  Does anyone out there know if HRSA
or PHS has adopted this Policy?

Ton Wilson

At 03:31 PM 1/28/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I have a faculty member whose proposal to the Maternal Child and Health
>(MCB) at NIH, in three attempts, did not pass review.  Now on his third
>review, the comments which came back indicated that his proposal was
>timely, staffing was adequate, etc. - all the right marks for potential
>funding.  He seemed to think the reasons for the turn down were minor in
>perspective.  He's heard from several members in his department that he
>can no longer submit after a third time. Anyway, the question I have is
>this: can he resubmit to another branch of NIH in the same format or is
>he prohibited from doing so? Will he have to re-write completely and
>tailor it to the a particular branch?  And, is there  any specific
>guideline that cites "three strikes and your out"?
>
>Thanks for any guidance.
>
>Tim
>
>Attachment Converted: "C:\TEMP\vcard7.vcf"

Thomas E. Wilson
Director, Sponsored Programs
Baylor College of Medicine
phone: 713-798-6970