Re: Small Business Janet Hahn 10 Jan 1999 09:41 EST

Suzette, Has she contacted her local/regional Small Business Development
Center for direction?  If you don't know the address of your local one,
ask the state office for the correct contact, or the federal office to
obtain the state contact.  Good luck.  Janet
Suzette S. Mauney wrote:

> I have a question for my fellow colleagues. I apologize
> that this is not related to university "research and
> grants", but I had an inquiry that needs some expertise
> from you grant seekers out there in relation to a
> woman owned small business.
> The inquiry owns a small gourmet foods specialty shop and
> is looking for some funding to keep the business going.
> Operating expenses, salaries, inventory etc... The traffic
> is good now it needs an increase in inventory to meet
> customer needs. A large amount was invested into renovation
> and an inventory system. Does anyone have any advise for
> Women and Small Businesses? Does anyone know where I could
> direct the inquiry for Federal assistance? Can anyone
> suggest a foundation that will support a for-profit
> organization?
> Thanks for any response!!!
>
> ----------------------
> Suzette S. Mauney