Re: Small Business Tony Boccanfuso 07 Jan 1999 07:06 EST

Hi Suzanne:

The best "one stop shop" for small business owners is the SBA supported
Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) - they are usually located at a
university, local non-profit, or Chamber Office.  You can check with the
SBA or contact your local chamber for more info.

Tony

 >I have a question for my fellow colleagues. I apologize
>that this is not related to university "research and
>grants", but I had an inquiry that needs some expertise
>from you grant seekers out there in relation to a
>"personal" woman owned small business.
>The inquiry owns a small gourmet foods specialty shop and
>is looking for some funding to keep the business going.
>Operating expenses, salaries, inventory etc... The traffic
>is good now it needs an increase in inventory to meet
>customer needs. A large amount was invested into renovation
>and an inventory system. Does anyone have any advise for
>Women and Small Businesses? Does anyone know where I could
>direct the inquiry for Federal assistance? Can anyone
>suggest a foundation that will support a for-profit
>organization?
>Thanks for any response!!!
>----------------------
>Suzette S. Mauney
>Appalachian State University
>Assistant Director, Sponsored Programs
>(704)262-2694*fax(704)262-2709
>xxxxxx@appstate.edu

Anthony M. Boccanfuso, Ph.D.
Associate Provost for Research and Federal Relations
Bowling Green State University
106 University Hall
Bowling Green, Ohio 43403
419-372-2481; 419-372-0304 (fax)