Re: Publication 'approval' Herbert B. Chermside 25 Nov 1998 11:59 EST

Additional info:

I just received a contract written by a quitte savvy attorney in industry.I
have made a slight change to her language to make it generic.  I consider
this the closest to sponsor control of content that VCU could consider:

If SPONSOR provides comments on the proposed
publicaiton, the parties shall use reasonable efforts to
negotiate a mutually acceptable version of the proposed
publication within (TIME) period.

Chuck

At 09:01 AM 11/25/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I have been asked by our dean's office to gather information about whether
>other colleges or universities will accept agreements from industry which
>allow industry/government the right of approval on publications.  One
>example of this is a subcontract from industry containing the federal DFARS
>clause at 252.204-7000 Disclosure of information.
>
>I would appreciate as many responses as possible - please email, fax or call.
>
>Thanks!
>-Norm
>Norman J. Hebert, Associate Director
>Office of Research Administration