Re: NIH postdoc stipend increases Jim Randolph 23 Nov 1998 16:58 EST

Though many grantee institutions benchmark research fellow salary levels in
the biomedical and behavioral sciences to NRSA stipend tables, the two are not
directly linked (in NIH's eyes).  I would expect, therefore, that individual
NIH Institutes generally will make no provisions for potential fellow salary
increases for existing awards.

The result will be that individual PIs will necessarily either 1) rebudget
from other cost categories, 2) reduce the effort (and presumably the workload)
to match the dollars available, or 3) ask their home institution to contribute
the differential.  Jim

James R. Randolph
Senior Associate Director, DRDA
The University of Michigan