Re: Non-financial postaward William Hunt 23 Nov 1998 16:04 EST

Mike, there was discussion in a session at SRA about dividing
responsibilities along the lines of program and finance.  On the program
side, there are pre-award and post-award responsibilities that can be
clearly defined.  The finance side can also be clearly defined.

I have a lot of program post-award responsibility, especially on
institutional grants.  I let the business affairs office do all the
accounting and financial reporting.

So, there can be clear responsibilities for non-financial post award -- on
the program side.

Bill
-----Original Message-----
From: Mike McCallister <xxxxxx@ATHENA.UALR.EDU>
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org <xxxxxx@hrinet.org>
Date: Monday, November 23, 1998 1:47 PM
Subject: Non-financial postaward

I'd appreciate a chance to talk to any of you who walk the slippery slope
of non-financial postaward.  A definition would be a nice start.  I hope to
re-purpose a position here at UALR and want to provide sonmething akin to
contract/grant management.  But at this time I don't want to do battle with
grants accounting for their positions and stuff.  I know I saw this
term(non=-financial postaward) recently in this conversation and I'd
appreciate sage advice, job descriptions, enlightenment.

Thanks

Spanky

Mike (Spanky) McCallister, Ph. D.
Director, Research and Sponsored programs
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
2801 S. University Drive
Little Rock, AR 72204-1099
501-569-8657 (v)