Re: Annual Leave Thompson, Clifford 18 Nov 1998 12:27 EST

 I don't believe that you can create or have policies that could be
considered discriminatory between types of employees when considering their
funding source, which this sound like it would be.  It is our policy to
accrue leave time and do a direct charge to the grant or cost center each
month rather that chare all accrued time to one central account or center.
This follows GAAP and should be something that you do already.  By recording
the accrued time using this method it doesn't matter that they have unused
time when the funding sourse is depleted.  Money or amounts are captured in
a "Accrued Paid Time Off" liability account to pay for this time when it is
taken, regardless of when it was earned. There could be a small problem if
the individual has a substantial increase in base pay in which case they
would be paid at a rate higher for the time taken off rather than the rate
used when the time was accrued.  This will not or should not happen
frequently.