Re: Ideas for SRA Annual Meeting Ted R. Knous 16 Nov 1998 18:00 EST

We actually do the same thing here, however we also have the business office
(grants accounting) participate so that everyone is on the same wavelength.
Our office handles all pre-award and all non-financial post award. This
works very well for everyone, the newer PI's learn the issues and the system
he more established researcher focus on the problems or issues from their
previous award or the new regs. We call our protocol an "Entrance
conference".
Ted
Ted R. Knous, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Research
 And Graduate Studies
The Graduate College/RPS
University of Wisconsin-Stout
11 Harvey Hall
Menomonie, WI 54751

Voice: 715-232-1126
Fax:  715-232-1749
xxxxxx@uwstout.edu

From:   Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of
Claudine M. Riccillo
Sent:   Monday, November 16, 1998 5:41 PM
To:     xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject:        Re: Ideas for SRA Annual Meeting

Actually - it save us a great deal of phone time later. we establishe
relationships with our PI's since we handle our projects by
departments/centers, and we spend less time (and PI's spend less time) with
paperwork that is not right. Our research expenditures are around $17
million a year and we handle sponsored projects from cradle to grave
(however -we do not do the billing or accounts payable functions)