Re: Standardizing hardware Charlie Hathaway 11 Nov 1998 09:13 EST

I find it hard to imagine an information technology department that could
not at least give basic support to Mac users (e.g. set-up, connections to
peripherals).  I have seen schools that tried to force the issue but they
usually met with considerable resistance from the Mac devotees.  And why
would you deny someone the right to buy a certain "brand" of computer?
I suppose an argument will be made concerning networking or something else
very technical.  But plenty of institutions are accommodating both PCs and
Macs.  And surely there must be empathy for those people using systems
whose essence in 1985 was equal to what Microsoft so proudly "introduced" a
decade later.

Charlie Hathaway