Re: Checking salaries Howard M. Kaplan 05 Nov 1998 17:58 EST

Peter -

 We do essentially the same thing; except, my call goes to the Payroll
Office.  As a state institution, all salaries are (supposed to be) public
information; so, other than the additional communication loop created by
the need for someone in my office to contact someone in another office to
ask for this public information, the process generally runs smoothly.

Howie Kaplan

At 03:07 PM 11/5/98 -0600, you wrote:
>An important part of processing grant applications at my school is to
>check the salaries listed in the budget to make sure they have not been
>overstated or understated.  As the central preaward office, my office
>has been handling this responsibility: we call the Human Resources
>Office, which has access to employee's actual salaries, and verify
>salaries by phone.  How do other preaward offices handle this task?
>--
>Peter J. Dolce, Ph.D., Director
>Office of Research Support Services
>Meharry Medical College