Re: Checking salaries Valerie Seaquist 05 Nov 1998 17:02 EST

All contract/grant payroll actions have to come through our Research
Administration office and we maintain a file on each employee paid by
sponsored project funds. This gives us access to the salaries of those paid
on current contracts/grants. For the others we have to call Human
Resources.

Val Seaquist
Office of Research Administration
The University of Alabama in Huntsville

-----Original Message-----
From:   Peter J. Dolce [SMTP:xxxxxx@CCVAX.MMC.EDU]
Sent:   Thursday, November 05, 1998 4:08 PM
To:     xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject:        Checking salaries

An important part of processing grant applications at my school is to
check the salaries listed in the budget to make sure they have not been
overstated or understated.  As the central preaward office, my office
has been handling this responsibility: we call the Human Resources
Office, which has access to employee's actual salaries, and verify
salaries by phone.  How do other preaward offices handle this task?
--
Peter J. Dolce, Ph.D., Director
Office of Research Support Services