Re: Definition of Other Sponsored Research Means, Paula 18 Sep 1998 10:49 EST

Yes, our institution does call it "other sponsored activity".

At 11:36 AM 9/18/1998 -0400, you wrote:
>Isn't this category more correctly called
>Other Sponsored Activity
____

>>From: Research Administration Discussion List on Fri, 1998 18,  11:35 AM
>>Subject: Re: Definition of Other Sponsored Research
>>To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
>>
>>Here's the definition we use at the University of Illinois at Chicago:
>>
>>Other Sponsored Research:  Includes sponsored program activities other than
>>instruction or organized research.  This definition includes grants and
>>contracts in support of public service, administration, student services,
>>and the library.  Not included in the definition are fellowships, work
>>study and gifts in support of the same
>>

>>At 10:32 AM 9/18/1998 -0400, Jennifer Morgan wrote:
>>>Hi folks-
>>>Does anyone have a handy definition of Other Sponsored Research?
>>>We have an investigator with a Dept of Ed grant going in that I believe
>>>could legitimately use that rate, but I can't seem to locate a
definition or
>>>guideline for the rate in my little collection of "stuff."  In lieu of an
>>> official
>>>definition, I'd even appreciate a best understanding of it from my most
>>>excellent RESADM-L compatriots!
>>>-Jennifer
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>Jennifer Morgan
>>>Director of Sponsored Programs

Paula M. Means, Interim Director
Office of Research Services
University of Illinois at Chicago
1737 W. Polk Street, M/C 672
Chicago, IL  60612
Voice: (312) 996-9406; Fax: (312) 996-9005
xxxxxx@uic.edu