Re: A Modular Proposal Walker,Celia 16 Sep 1998 17:32 EST

It would depend on how fast the committee could then review the protocol.
Our IRB and IACUC meet monthly, so for a full-review protocol, the review
might not take place for 1 to 4 weeks.  That might not be fast enough for
NIH for a JIT award.  Additionally, after review there are frequently
aspects which need "tweeking" but which could also alter the project design
or budget.  Those would have to be handled.  As is, those changes are known
before the award is negotiated, so can be factored into the
fiscal/contractual end of things.

Celia S. Walker
Director, Regulatory Compliance
Colorado State University
Ft. Collins, CO  80523-2046
Voice:  970-491-1563  FAX:  970-491-2293
xxxxxx@research.colostate.edu