Re: A Modular Proposal -Reply Rosemary Ruff 15 Sep 1998 19:33 EST

I agree with Ralph.  In addition, there is another issue which hasn't been
addressed.  JIT and Modular sound good for the PI (and for our
offices/reviewers if the faculty understand benefits rates, indirect cost
calculations, etc.) but what about CAS compliance?  How does one verify
that the method of estimation was the same as the method of accounting for
the expenditures without an itemized budget at some point prior to award?

If you have a way, our faculty will rejoice but so far we haven't been
able to solve this one without a detailed budget.

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Ralph Norton wrote:

> From the Been There, Done That Department:  I think anyone who lets a PI/PD run
> around loose without a detailed Budget justification is asking for a series of
> headaches regarding budget amendements and disallowed costs.

Rosemary H. Ruff                   VOICE: 334-844-4438
Assistant Director                 FAX:   334-844-5953
Contracts & Grants Administration  EMAIL: xxxxxx@mail.auburn.edu
310 Samford Hall                   Auburn University, AL 36849-5131
Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et
fructuosis potiri potes!